SMALL DIAMETER WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT PROJECT Park Road NW – Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1D
As part of its Capital Improvement Program, DC Water is replacing existing 12-inch and smaller cast iron water mains in various locations throughout the city. Construction for this project will occur within portions of the 1900 and 2000 blocks of Park Road NW (see construction location map on back). These efforts will help improve water quality and system reliability, increase water pressure in some areas, and maintain adequate flows throughout the system.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Installation of approximately 800 linear feet of 3-inch up to 12-inch water mains
- Replacement of service lines – including free private side replacement of lead and galvanized iron pipe
- Replacement of fire hydrants and valves
- Restoration of all surfaces disturbed by the project construction upon completion of the work
- Construction start: June 2021
- Construction completion: August 2021
- Normal work hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
The contractor may, at times, need to work at night or on weekends, dependent upon certain construction activities, or due to inclement weather.
- If a planned temporary water service shut-off is necessary, affected residents will be notified 48 hours in advance. Service interruptions will be minimal.
- Construction may cause temporary discolored water or low water pressure. If you experience discolored water, flush cold water taps for 15 minutes. If water does not clear, contact the DC Water Drinking Water Division or 24-hr Emergency/Command Center.
- Lane closures may be required daily with approved traffic plans by the District Department of Transportation (DDOT).
- Notifications regarding “No-Parking” zones will be posted 72 hours prior to construction, in certain areas in and around the job site, as required by DDOT.
DC Water is currently working closely with DDOT to ensure minimal disruption during this project. Regular updates will also be provided to impacted residents, Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1D, Ward 1 representatives in the Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services, and Ward 1 Councilmember Brianne Nadeau and members of her staff.
MAP OF PROJECT AREA