DC Water extends financial assistance programs through fiscal year 2020
September 30, 2019
DC Water today announced it has extended its customer assistance programs for another year.
Late last year, DC Water, the District Department of Energy and the Environment (DOEE) and the Executive Office of Mayor Muriel Bowser teamed up to design an expanded customer assistance program, beyond the original CAP funding that gives steep discounts on water and sewer bills, including the Clean Rivers Impervious Area Charge (CRIAC). Funding came from DC Water and District government, and DOEE administers the program.
The expanded programs were set to expire September 30, 2019 but are now extended through Fiscal Year 2020. Those who received assistance last year will need to re-apply for this year’s programs. Applications are now being accepted for FY 2020, which begins October 1, 2019.
For residential customers, there are three levels of relief:
- Level 1 - Customer Assistance Program (CAP) provides eligible DC Water customers a discount on the first 400 cubic feet (3,000 gallons) of water and sewer services used each month. Eligible households will receive an additional fifty percent (50%) reduction in the monthly CRIAC and a Water Service Replacement Fee waiver. The annual discount is approximately $800.
- Level 2 - Customer Assistance Program II (CAP2) provides eligible DC Water customers a discount on the first 300 cubic feet (2,250 gallons) of water and sewer services used each month (with the exception of PILOT and ROW fees) and 50% reduction in the monthly CRIAC. The annual discount is approximately $550.
- Level 3 - Customer Assistance Program III (CAP3) provides eligible DC Water customers with a discount of 75% off of the monthly CRIAC. The average annual discount is approximately $188.
Residents whose household income is below $121,300 are encouraged to see if they qualify. To learn more about the residential programs, including the income guidelines and eligibility, or to apply please visit dcwater.com/customer-assistance. You can also call either 311 or DC Water’s Customer Service at 202-354-3600.
A CRIAC Nonprofit Relief Program is in place to assist eligible nonprofit organizations facing financial hardship with the payment of their Clean Rivers Impervious Area Charge (CRIAC). Participants can receive credits on the CRIAC portion of their water bill. DOEE determines eligibility, and non-profit organizations must meet all three following criteria:
- Be a nonprofit in the District of Columbia with a real property or possessory interest tax exemption as a local charitable organization, a cemetery, a religious house-of worship; or a continuing care facility.
- Demonstrate financial hardship in paying the CRIAC. Organizations must demonstrate that their annual CRIAC is 1% or greater than their annual revenue, after expenses.
- Complete a stormwater mitigation project to help diminish the harmful effects of stormwater runoff by installing green infrastructure on their property or elsewhere in the District.
For more information about the nonprofit assistance program, and to apply, please visit doee.dc.gov/service/criacrelief or call 311.