Full STEAM Ahead!
At DC Water, we offer STEM programming as well as support the arts for K-12 students across the District. See below our various offerings and how to request us!
Please note that limitations on dates, times and number of students are not flexible.
We are able to offer classroom-based lessons for groups of students no larger than 50. Lessons must take place in small-group settings, the size of one, homeroom class. Please inquire about lessons using the STEAM Request form.
Incomplete forms will not be considered.
Field trips are suitable for groups of students no larger than 50 and must occur in groups of 25 students.
9th - 12th grade
- Students may tour Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant on Wednesday or Thursday mornings at 10 am, with additional consideration provided for afternoon groups pending availability of resources.
- Tours last approximately 60 to 90 minutes and are guided by an engineer, utilizing the school bus on which your students arrive.
- Tours may only be requested online via our tour page.
3rd - 8th grade
- Students may tour the DC Water Headquarters Building on Friday mornings at 10 am, pending staff availability.
- Tours last 90 minutes and include a STEAM story or demonstration related to one of our products or processes at the Authority.
A great way to engage schools with target groups of larger than 50 students. DC Water has carnival-style games and tabletop activities that may be suitable for your school event or community festival. School events may be requested via this form.
A great way to engage schools with target groups of larger than 50 students. DC Water has carnival-style games and tabletop activities that may be suitable for your school event or community festival. School-related events that involve the community at large (or will serve larger than 150) should utilize the general event request form.
DC Water is sometimes able to provide subject matter experts to judge school-level project fairs. We are typically able to provide up to 2 (two) judges per request.
Please submit career day inquiries on the form provided. Flyers are welcome, but requests will not be considered in the absence of a completed form.
Pending the availability of our subject matter experts, we are happy to come to schools and engage groups of students (up to 30) about our work. Please contact the speakers bureau for these requests and be sure to include specifics about the subject matter you wish to learn from our experts!
Feel free to contact Torri Epperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.